While you're here
There's plenty to see and do in Hawke's Bay. Check out what's on, and learn more about our Neighbourhoods.
Here are a few key events on this summer. For a full list of what's on check out our events guide.
Here are a few ideas to help you plan your perfect Hawke's Bay Summer escape.
Top 10 things to do over the Christmas & New Year break
Summer in Hawke’s Bay is definitely all it’s cracked up to be. Here’s 10 must-do’s to tick off during your stay in the Bay over the Christmas and New Year’s period.
- Visit Cape Kidnappers to marvel at the world’s largest mainland colony of gannets.
- With more than 360 kilometres of coastline, Hawke’s Bay knows how to do beaches.
- Splash Planet – the name says it all really. A whole day’s entertainment for the family.
- Napier’s Marine Parade is 3km stretch of Pacific coastline, perfect for activity, exercise and family-friendly attractions.
- No visit to Hawke’s Bay is complete without visiting some of the region’s 30+ winery cellar doors.
- Hawke’s Bay has 200km of flat, easy riding trails dotted with wineries and cafes so your next stop is never too far away.
- You haven’t experienced the magic of movies til you’ve watched one in the Black Barn Amphitheatre’s Open Air Cinema.
- Buy direct from the growers at one of the region’s farmers’ markets. Top tip – only have a light breakfast…
- Walk a Te Mata Peak trail to the top of this iconic 399m landmark for the most rewarding view possible.
- See in the New Year at Napier’s free and family-friendly New Year’s Eve Community Celebration at the Soundshell on Marine Parade