Top Ten for the School Holidays
School holidays can be a tricky finding activities everyone will love.
Whether you’re a local looking for some activity inspiration or a visitor planning a little school holiday getaway to Hawke’s Bay, here are our top ten tips (plus a few extras suggestions thrown in for good measure) to entertain the whole family these school holidays!
What to do
1. Learn about the amazing work honey bees do at Arataki Honey
2. Enjoy an underwater adventure at the National Aquarium of New Zealand- be sure to check out the penguins
3. Burn off some energy at the Kids cycle tracks and jumps on Marine Parade
4. Let your competitive streak loose with a game Laserforce
5. Take a tour of Classic Sheepskin
6. Discover an Aladdin’s cave of historical technology that you can get hands on and play with at the Faraday Centre
7. Test out your putting skills at Par 2 Mini Golf
9. Walk and talk with the animals at Hawke’s Bay Farmyard Zoo
10. Discover fascinating facts and the history of MTG Hawke’s Bay (Museum, Theatre and Gallery).
Where to eat
Birdwoods Gallery and Sweet Shop– perfect pit stop for a bite to eat with plenty of space for the kids to run around, a swing to play on, sculptures to see and an old fashion sweet shop to create your own pick and mix lolly bag!
Rush Munro’s – world famous for its range of hand made ice creams, no trip to Hawke’s Bay would be complete without a pit stop at Rush Munro plus they have a great little garden you can relax in while you eat your ice cream and try to spot the goldfish in the pond.
Check out other accommodation options here...