Looking for some inspiration to entertain the kids? We've put together a quick reference list to help you have lots of fun in Hawke's Bay.
- Visit the National Aquarium of New Zealand. Ride along the travelator and enjoy the marine life that is above and around you. Check out the new Penguin Exhibition.
- If you want to squeeze some education into your holiday join in an Art Deco Walking Tour of Napier. The knowledgeable guides will tell you all about the devastating earthquake of 1931 and the re-build that turned Napier into an Art Deco mecca. The guides can cater to a wide range of age groups so don't worry, the kids won't get bored.
- MTG - Hawke's Bay's Museum, Theatre, Gallery re-opened it's doors in September 2013 after a three year, multi million dollar re-build. Now a state of the art gallery and exhibition space, MTG is home to fascinating displays of art and sculpture as well as a permanent 1931 earthquake exhibition.
- Take them for a game of mini golf at Par 2 Mini Golf in Napier
- Burn off some energy at the Sk8 Zone in Napier
- Visit the fascinating Arataki Honey Visitor Centre and learn all about the amazing honey bee. It's really interactive for kids and best of all it's free!
- Enjoy a dip in the lovely heated outdoor pools at Ocean Spa, Napier
-Throw the bikes in the car and cycle the Hawke's Bay Trails. Nice flat and cruisy off road trails perfect for all the members of the family. Check out Takaro Trails for organised cycling day tours or bike hirage.
- Spend some time learning about the local Maori culture with Waimarama Maori Tours.
- Take the kids on an outdoor adventure with On Track Adventures.
- Hire a classic car with Hooters Vintage and Classic Vehicle Hire and see Hawke's Bay from a Mini Moke or a classic Buick.
- Saddle up and take the kids on a genuine back-country trekking experience with Willowford Cottage Trekking.
- Teach them all about agriculture with a tour of Pernel Fruit World
- Walk and talk to the animals at Hawke's Bay Farmyard Zoo. Ponies, Rabbits, Donkeys, Pigs, Sheep and Ostriches are just some of the animals waiting to see you.
- Stop in at Birdwoods Gallery and Old Fashioned Sweet Shop in Havelock North. They also have photo boards, ice creams and a super tree swing in their sculpture garden (just watch out for the giraffes)
But wait, there's more! For a full list of activities and attractions see here
For family friendly accommodation check out these great options:
Quest Napier - www.questapartments.co.nz
Kennedy Park Resort - www.kennedypark.co.nz
The Crown Hotel - www.thecrownnapier.co.nz
The Art Deco Masonic Hotel - www.masonic.co.nz
Colonial Lodge Motel - www.colonialmotel.co.nz
Cottages on St Andrews - www.holiday-cottages.co.nz
Marineland Motels - www.marinelandmotels.com
Navigate Seaside Accommodation - navigatenapier.co.nz
Scenic Circle Te Pania - www.scenichotels.co.nz/hotels/scenic-hotel-te-pania-napier
Or check out your other options here...