Looking for some inspiration to entertain the kids these School Holidays? We've put together a quick reference list to help you have lots of fun in Hawke's Bay.
- Visit the National Aquarium of New Zealand. Ride along the travelator and enjoy the marine life that is above and around you. Check out the new Penguin Exhibition.
- If you want to squeeze some education into your holiday join in an Art Deco Walking Tour of Napier. The knowledgeable guides will tell you all about the devastating earthquake of 1931 and the re-build that turned Napier into an Art Deco mecca. The guides can cater to a wide range of age groups so don't worry, the kids won't get bored.
- MTG - Hawke's Bay's Museum, Theatre, Gallery opened it's doors on September 21st after a three year, multi million dollar re-build. Now a state of the art gallery and exhibition space, MTG is home to fascinating displays of art and sculpture as well as a permanent 1931 earthquake exhibition.
- Take them for a game of mini golf at Par 2 Mini Golf in Napier
- Burn off some energy at the Sk8 Zone in Napier
- Visit the fascinating Arataki Honey Visitor Centre and learn all about the amazing honey bee. It's really interactive for kids and best of all it's free!
- Enjoy a dip in the lovely heated outdoor pools at Ocean Spa, Napier
-Throw the bikes in the car (or hire them if you need to) and cycle the Hawke's Bay Trails. Nice flat and cruisy off road trails perfect for all the members of the family
- Follow your sweet tooth to Silky Oak Chocolate Factory. Tour the museum, taste the delights in the shop or just enjoy lunch in their family friendly cafe
- Play the ultimate indoor challenge and head to Laser Force-it's awesome!
- Teach them all about agriculture with a tour of Pernel Fruit World
- Walk and talk to the animals at Hawke's Bay Farmyard Zoo. Ponies, Rabbits, Donkeys, Pigs, Sheep and Ostriches are just some of the animals waiting to see you.
- Stop in at Birdwoods Gallery and Old Fashioned Sweet Shop in Havelock North. They also have photo boards, ice creams and a super tree swing in their sculpture garden (just watch out for the giraffes)
But wait, there's more! For a full list of activities and attractions see here