+64 (0)6 835 7781
9 Herschell Street & 65 Marine Parade
Our WebsiteVisit our website
The Century Theatre is Hawke's Bay premier mid-sized performance venue, hosting a regular programme of music, meetings, lectures, dance and drama.
The Century Theatre is currently closed as part of the Hawke's Bay Museum & Art Gallery redevelopment project due to reopen in 2013.
It has superb acoustics, air-conditioning and tiered seating for 330, and is host to both national and international conferences desiring an auditorium of this size, together with the special ambience of a Museum, Exhibition Galleries and Shop, all sited within the complex.
- Conference facilities include a foyer and education suite for breakout area.
- Dimensions of the Theatre are: ceiling height 5-7m, floor space 200 m sq.
- Access by ground floor/stairs to theatre, entrance width 1.7m, height 2.1 m, indoor area, spot light, air conditioning, heating, wheelchair access to theatre, morning/afternoon tea, table water, phone, fax, photocopier, e-mail, telephone line can be installed.
- Whiteboard, blackboard, marker pens, overhead & data projector, tape cassette player, lectern, microphone, stage, 16 and 35 mm movie and DVD projection.
- Reception area for trade displays and registration desk.
- Theatre has suround sound 5.1 dolby and hearing aid loop.