Hawke's Bay Winegrowers Inc.
Hawke’s Bay Winegrowers Inc. is the primary contact for the regional wine industry in Hawke’s Bay. Our members consist of over 70 wineries and 145 grape growers within the region. We work with the wine industry to promote Hawke’s Bay wine locally, nationally and internationally. If you want to know about the Hawke’s Bay wine region we are the people to talk to.
Our aim is to build the Hawke's Bay fine wine category in achieving international recognition as a sustainable and profitable world class wine producing region.
Hawke’s Bay has a growing reputation as a producer of world class wines. The further development of that reputation and the Hawke’s Bay wine industry will come with a cohesive and a co-operative approach of all the parties who produce and market Hawke’s Bay wines.
- The organisation’s main activities are regional promotion and marketing, advocacy, education and research.
- Regional promotion and marketing is an important part of the organisation’s strategic plan. The raising of the profile of the Brand Hawke’s Bay Wine in the increasingly competitive world wine market is considered to be critical to the long-term future of the industry. Promotional activities take place with this goal in mind.
- International trade and media are hosted within Hawke’s Bay with individual itineraries and regional wine tastings arranged.
- Wine trail map pads and brochures are produced for the regional consumer along with more targeted international trade material. National activity includes the Hot Red Hawke’s Bay Wine Expo aimed at trade, media and consumers.
- Hawke's Bay Wine, the official members' magazine of Hawke’s Bay Winegrowers Inc. was officially launched in February 2008. The magazine features up-to-date industry information tailored specifically for the Hawke’s Bay grape growing and wine making industry including: research projects, long-range weather reports, local award winners, grape growing information and more.
Visit the Hawke's Bay Winegrowers Inc website.
Most information and assistance provided by Hawke’s Bay Winegrowers Inc to the public, trade and media is free. Advertising and database mail-outs incur a charge dependent on content, placement and method.