Hawke’s Bay plays host to a number of local, regional, national and international events, and it is important these are promoted as widely and through as many different channel as possible. Below are a few simple steps event organisers can take to ensure their event has maximum exposure.
1. How can my event be promoted on hawkesbaynz.com
All Hawke’s Bay events that are uploaded to EventFinda are fed through to the following websites:
Hawke’s Bay Tourism
Napier i Site
Hastings i Site
Events Hawke’s Bay
Important information to include in your eventfinder listing:
• Event Name
• Contact telephone number – currently there is no field for this on the actual eventfinder listing form so it would be good to add this into the main copy of your event info text
• Dates and Times
• Age/Mobility restriction
• Website URL
It is important to upload atleast one image to eventfinder that will be pulled through to the above external sites.
The image dimensions can be square or rectangular and needs to be and larger than 185px but less than 1000px
2. How can my event have a profile tile on the Events Page and the Home Page?
If you would like your event to be given more prominence on the website, please email the Regional Event Manager email@example.com to discuss further. There is also the opportunity for your event to be profiled on our FaceBook page and through twitter.
3. What other ways can Hawke’s Bay Tourism help me with my event?
Hawke’s Bay Tourism have knowledgeable and expert staff who are more than willing to give advice on how to run and manage an event. Useful guidelines on event planning, budgeting, marketing and PR will soon be available for download.
If you have a question about who to speak to in the respective councils for event support, what facilities are available to host events, if your planned event will clash with another event in the area call the Regional Event Manager at Hawke’s Bay Tourism on 06 280 5467 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
4. The Regional Event Strategy was launched in March 2012 and guides the event work Hawke's Bay Tourism undertakes. If you would like a copy of this please email email@example.com